Friday 31 October 2014

Peanut Butter (Quick and Easy)


I never knew peanut butter could be made so easily at home, until I came across the recipe in Aparna's My Diverse Kitchen. It is a very quick and easy recipe, which took me less than 5 minutes to prepare! I need not go hunting for peanut butter in stores and investigate the ingredients anymore :) So for a power packed breakfast to kick start your day, try this delicious peanut butter recipe at home and enjoy it with your choice of bread!


INGREDIENTS: (Yields 1/2 a cup of peanut butter)
  • Shelled and roasted peanuts - 125 grams (a little less than 1 cup) - I had only deskinned peanuts, hence the color of my butter was pale
  • Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
  • Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Oil - 1/2 tablespoon (I used sunflower oil, use any flavorless oil)


METHOD:
  1. Powder the peanuts in a mixer or food processor. If you prefer a chunky peanut butter, then keep aside a tablespoon of peanuts to add in the end. I prefer it creamy!
  2. Now add the sugar, salt and oil and run the mixer till you get a smooth paste. Make sure not to run the mixer for a long time, as the peanuts will secrete more oil and the result will be watery
  3. If you feel the oil is less, then add a 1/4 tablespoon of oil in the end and mix well. This depends on the type of peanuts and the amount of oil they secrete. I did not add any extra oil
  4. Spread it right away on any bread of your choice or store in an air-tight container and refrigerate



No comments:

Post a Comment