Sunday 11 May 2014

Aval Pakoda

I do not prefer making deep fried snacks unless it is any special occasion. So when I planned to surprise mom with a yummy lunch for Mother's day, I wanted to make a starter that I haven't tried before and that's how I ended up making Aval(Poha) Pakoda. Mom and granny usually make rice pakodas and here I have followed the same procedure and just replaced rice with aval or poha. I have also not posted any traditional snack recipes in my blog, so here is a special addition to the list :)



INGREDIENTS:
  • Aval/Poha/Puffed Rice - 2 cups
  • Onions - 3, finely chopped
  • Red Chilli powder - 1 Tsp
  • Potatoes - 4
  • Oil - for deep frying
  • Cornflour - 1 Tbsp
  • Salt - as needed
  • Coriander leaves - a handful, finely chopped


METHOD:
  1. Mix all ingredients except oil and potatoes. Keep aside for half an hour
  2. In the meanwhile, boil potatoes, peel the skin and mash them
  3. Add mashed potatoes to the other ingredients and make small tight balls
  4. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and deep fry the pakodas till golden brown
  5. Serve hot with any chutney or ketchup


No comments:

Post a Comment